Skip to content
- Two further observations before leaving this area
- 1No hard and fast line can be drawn between extreme difficulty and impossibility. Between the two there is an area where the internal and external moralities meet! – Dentist Calgary NW
- 2. Our notions of what is in fact impossible may be determined by presuppositions about the nature of man, and they can change. (Today like this, tomorrow like that)-
- Seems least suited to formalization in a constitutional restriction. E.g no constitution would say that no law should be changed more than once a year.
- When Madison defended the ban on non retroactive laws impairing obligation of contract, he used language more apt for describing evil of frequent change rather than retro laws: